ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Location: FSM Social Security Administration
Headquarter, Kolonia, Pohnpei FM
Opening Date: May 9, 2019
Position: Claim Officer
Closing Date: May 27, 2019
Salary Range: Starting at $15,000.00 (depending upon qualifications)
The Federated States of Micronesia Social Security Administration is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Claim Officer. This position reports directly to the FSMSSA Deputy Administrator. Responsibilities for this position are to ensure that all claims made on FSM Social Security are processed in an
entirely equitable, competent and timely manner and that all beneficiaries of FSM Social Security are treated strictly in accordance with the FSM laws and FSM Social Security Administration policies, processes, procedures and practices.
Nature of Work
- Ensures that all claims received have all proper, complete and accurate evidence required;
- Conduct such investigation as may be required to ensure the veracity of claimants and beneficiaries;
- Check all benefit calculations for completeness and correctness;
- Regularly check that beneficiaries are entitled to benefits being received and that correct payments are being made;
- Monitor regularly pending claims, to ensure that all necessary action is being taken;
- In conjunction with the Accounting Division, ensure that benefit checks are distributed in a timely manner;
- Carry out various administrative functions in conjunction with, and in support of, the Accounting Division;
- Supervise claim staff work load, performance and train staff as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work
Must have high level of mathematics, competency in computers and financial matters. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have knowledge of basic management principles and excellent work ethics.
Position requires a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and experience in social security operations and laws or in any similar benefit programs.
Any interested candidates should obtain application form at any Social Security branch office or the headquarter. Submit the application or show postmark if mailed, no later than May 27, 2019, along with diplomas, degrees and/or transcripts to any of the Social Security offices or to:
FSM Social Security Administration
P.O. Box L
Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941
APPROVED FOR BROADCAST/ANNOUNCEMENT BY
Date: May 8, 2019