POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Location: FSM Social Security Administration, Kolonia, Pohnpei FM
Opening Date:January 9, 2020
Closing Date:January 24, 2020
Position: Tax Administration Assistant
Salary Range: $5,000.00 to $13,000.00 per annum
(Depending upon qualification)
The Federated States of Micronesia Social Security Administration is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Tax Administration Assistant. This position reports directly to the Tax Administration Officer. Responsibilities for this position include assisting the Tax Administration Officer’s duties of enforcing Social Security tax law requirements. This position is very team-oriented and highly interactive with all the branch offices.
Nature of Work:
1. Determine that Branches provide complete and correct documentation for collecting all proper social security tax revenue;
2. Determine that all audit computations are complete and accurate and that the delinquent employers are updated in the FSMSSA database system;
3. Assist Tax Administration Officer and branches in all facets of audit work, including legal aspects;
4. Determine that all tax returns and tax data are maintained in a complete, accurate and orderly manner;
5. Assist Tax Administration Officer in coordinating delinquent employer payment agreements and schedules and make recommendations on dealing with delinquent employers;
6. Maintain adequate filing and retrieval systems on all tax collection matters;
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work
Must have great work ethics, strong mathematical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills and be computer literate. Must have knowledge of basic audit and accounting principles.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
Position requires a degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent. Experience in payroll processing or preparation of employer’s Social Security tax returns is a plus.
Any interested candidates should obtain application form at any Social Security Branch Office or Headquarters. Submit the application or show postmark if mailed, no later than January 24, 2020 along with diplomas and/or transcripts to any of the Social Security Branch Offices or to:
Federated States of Micronesia Social Security Administration
P.O. Box L
Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941